In article discusses administrative divisions of Pryluky cossack regiment, from the beginning of the national liberation Revolution of Ukrainian people in the middle of seventeenth century. (1648) till cancel of regimental-centesimal structure in 1782.
From the start of the National Revolution till making of Zboriv agreement 8 (18) in August 1649, the territory of the left-bank Kiev province deship appear first military, and subsequently the administrative-territorial units of the future Cossack state, regiments: Gadyach, Zinkiv, Irakliyiv, Poltava, Myrgorod, Ichnya, Priluky, Nizhyn, Lubny and Kropyvna.
On the basis of Zboriv agreement Cossack officers Council decided to divide forty thousand of Registered Cossack troops into 16 regiments and 272 hundreds within the limits of Bratslav, Kyiv and Chernihiv voivodeships. Among them was Pryluky regiment, which included twenty-one hundred. Pereyaslav district was divided into Pereyaslav and Pryluky regiments.
According to the register in 1649 Timothy Nosach became Pryluky Colonel. Colonel was assigned by hetman himself. Center of Pryluky regiment was the most economically developed city in these areas – Pryluky. From inception of Regiment Colonel implemented his authority through Cossack foremen – first of all squadron, which was mostly intended by him. Colonel in the territory of the regiment as captain in the territory of hundreds united in their hands military, judicial and administrative power. Under the responsibility of Colonel was chieftain policeman (gorodovyi otaman) in Pryluky, сentesimal and hovel chieftains (kurin otamans). Centesimal officers subordinate to Hetman and regimental administration. Hovel chieftains performed mainly organizational and business functions. Elder was elected on the meetings by villagers. Hovel chieftains as village elder, had the lowest element in the administration and subordinate to squadron officers. Officially parceling of Registered Cossacks on Kurins found for the first time in the registry in 1581.
Similar administrative units were possessive land or «Dominion». First of all this land and settlements belonged to monasteries and hetman. In some cases, villages which were part of Hetman rank ownership formed elderships. Eldership had its own administration and differentiation of governance that did not obey the local Cossack administration.
According to the register on October 16, 1649 Pryluky regiment consisted of 21 hundreds in 16 towns, there were 1996 cossacks. In 1654 one Varva, Horodnya, Huzhivka, Divytsia, Kropyvna and one Prylutska hundred were eliminated – accordingly, there are only 14 hundreds.
In 1672 Konotop papers were signed by 9 captains of hundreds of Pryluky regiment, respectively, at that time in Pryluky regiment was 11 hundreds: two Pryluky, two Varva, Ichnya, Sribne, Krasne, Ivanytsia, Zhuravka, Monastyrysche, Korybutivka. In 1723 in the Pryluky regiment was 8 hundreds. Their number has changed after joining Korybutivka hundred to Krasnokolyadyn (former Krasne).
Since 1761 Pryluky regiment had 11 hundreds, which survived until the end of 1781, in 1780 the regiment had 11 hundreds, 9 towns and 547 villages.
Although the number of hundreds frequently changed, the territory of Pryluky regiment remained about the same throughout the history of its existence. Fluctuations in the hundreds probably related to the number of inhabitants of Regiment – especially the Cossacks. With the increasing number of immigrants from the Right-Bank Ukraine and improvement of demographic situation, increased the number of hundreds, and vice versa, with increasing of migration of peasants and Cossacks to Sloboda Ukraine (Slobozhanshchina) number of hundreds decreased.
Important role in formation of the centesimal played implementation in 1763 of institutions «By-laws», «Zemsky», «hrodsky» and «pidkomorsky» courts in the Russian Empire. Because of that, along with regimental-hundred, the Hetmanate was introduced the forensic county division (lasted until 1782).
After the abolition of regimental-centesimal structure of Hetmanate in 1782, the territory was divided between two vicegerencies. Zhuravka, Perevolocha and Pryusky hundreds entered Pyryatyn County of Kiev province, the rest to various districts of Chernihiv governorship. Throughout the existence of the Pryluky Cossack regiment its territorial limits in fact did not change, as opposed to internal administrative structure, which often changed.